Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks

I've been on the never ending search for "the perfect lipstick." What is my definition of "the perfect lipstick" you ask? Well, for starters I like a lipstick that provides not only color to my lips but moisture. Living in a place where it is cold nearly half the year my body is in constant need of moisturizing things. The second criteria I look at is the color range the company provides you with. When there is only 8 different colors to pick from it makes the selection harder and more than likely I won't want to repurchase from that brand. Another factor is how long the color will last. Personally, I am fine with having to reapply lipstick so the color stay is a factor but it's not a big factor.

So...

After hearing many raves about this product I decided to finally try the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks. I purchased mine at Target and Rimmel actually had a promotion going on where it was $1 off each lipstick. Target isn't usually a store who has sales like that so I was sort of shocked. Happily shocked I should say, so happily shocked that I justified buying 4 of them.






Left to right: Dreamy 140, Coral Shimmer 120, Spotlight Beige 620, and Rose Blush 300.

It's pretty obvious to see which one is my favorite, Spotlight Beige 620. I use all of these quite a bit but Spotlight Beige is just one of those colors that I can put on without having a mirror in front of me and is just a pretty beige color. They all seem to have a little shimmer in them but there are colors that have visibly more shimmer. Here is a swatch..



Here's the breakdown.

Price: $4-6
Moisture: Yes!
Color Selection: Yes, Rimmel has a wide variety of colors..picking 4 was hard!
Color Stay: It lasts about 3-4 hours..so that might be a downfall to some but it doesn't bother me.
Where can I purchase this? Pretty much any department store. I got mine at Target but I know that CVS, Walgreens and Walmart also carry these lipsticks.

Repurchase: Definitely! I plan on looking for some lovely summer colors :)

I hope you found this review helpful :)

Any questions?

Let me know!

Ashley A. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment